You are here
Do you believe in changing the world through contemporary circus?
Do you want to create the next Cirkör production?
Through this open call, we at Cirkus Cirkör, along with our partners Stora Teatern in
Gothenburg, Södra Teatern in Stockholm and Kulturhuset Finspång (Cirkusslottet) want to support the evolution of the circus of the future. Our aim is to premiere our upcoming family-friendly, touring production in August 2019.
That is why we are now looking for a person/persons who have a strong concept for a family-oriented production, and who would like to work with Cirkus Cirkör.
Maybe you’re a circus director, a group that already works together or one that would like to work together. This production will be created at Cirkus Cirkör with the support of our artistic management and marketing teams as well as our international tours office.
The premiere will take place in Finspång, followed by runs in Stockholm and Gothenburg.
There is a good chance that a longer tour will follow, in all likelihood including performances abroad.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
A director/an artistic constellation with a strong idea for a smaller production.
This person(s) will be given the opportunity to create a somewhat smaller format Cirkör production intended for touring in Sweden and internationally.
The show must be:
- Appropriate for the entire family – however, not specifically tailored to children.
- Possible to perform both indoors and out.
- Possible to rig, perform and take down on the same day.
- Include a maximum of five people on tour.
- Maintain a high artistic as well as technical level of circus.
AT YOUR DISPOSAL
- Cirkör’s resources, budget, staff and network of venues, in accordance with fixed guidelines.
- Approximately a six-week rehearsal period on our premises in Alby, Sweden, divided between labs and a dress rehearsal –– up until the premiere in August 2019.
- The possibility of a national and an international tour.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A director, circus performer, artistic constellation.
- Documented knowledge and experience of creating major and/or smaller works.
- A person/persons whose desire it is to work with and at Cirkus Cirkör, and who is/are available during the given time frame.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 20, 2018.
In your email, you must answer the questions below. You may also send a video presentation, but please keep in mind that the headings below must be included.
Presentation of yourself/your group including background and experience.:
Summary of your idea (Max 100 words):
More detailed description of your production concept:
Links to video material (Presentation, old or new material etc):
Links to other relevant material:
After September 20th, Cirkus Cirkör, Stora Teatern, Södra Teatern and Kulturhuset Finspång (Cirkusslottet) will review all the applications and choose three proposals.
These final three will be called to an interview with all the collaboration partners.
We will announce which proposal will move on to production no later than October 2018.