Information regarding the Coronavirus (Covid-19)
Updated September 17, 2020, 10.30 am
After cancelling or postponing our touring performances in the spring and fall we are currently looking at the following plan for postponed and upcoming shows:
- Bloom at Södra Teatern in Stockholm December 26 - January 31.
- Knitting Peace at Borås Stadsteater February 20 - 31 March
- Circus Days and Nights at Malmö Opera premieres on May 29
- Pippi at the circus opens at Circus in Stockholm on July 2
Our courses are up and running at the Cirkör House, with adaptions to reduce the risk of infection by covid-19. In October we are opening contemoprary circus and circus play courses as well as drop-in training at Kulturhuset Stockholm. For more information please contact our course administrator.
The pedagogical programs for schools are currently touring Sweden. For more inforamtion regarding the programs and adjustments to Covid-19 please contact pedagogical producers.
Upper Secondary School
The students are back to the Cirkör House again. A new schedule have been set to limit the number of people that move about in our circus house. For more information please contact Lena Ferrero.
Updated April 20, 2020, 5 pm
Pippi at the Cirkus postponed until summer 2021
Due to the current circumstances surrounding Covid-19, we have made the sad and difficult decision to postpone this production until 2021.
All tickets purchased for 2020 will be honored in 2021. Ticket holders will be contacted by email.
Updated March 30, 2020, 6 pm
Circus Cirkör cancels performances and courses due to Corona virus
Due to Covid-19, Cirkus Cirkör has had to cancel the planned spring tours for Bloom and Passa in (Fit in). All term courses and drop-in training in the Stockholm region are also cancelled.
Cirkus Cirkör is working closely with venue organizers to find new dates to perform in the autumn / winter of 2020. At the moment, the summer semester courses as well as fall semester courses will be run as planned.
All ticket holders to the cancelled performances is advised to contact the venue for more info about new dates and buy-backs.
Updated March 27, 2020, 8.20 am
Canceled performances Circusstad Festival
Circusstad Festival in Rotterdam is cancelled due to corona virus. Bloom was booked to perform at the festival between April 29 and May 3.
More info at Cirucsstad’s homepage
Updated March 26, 2020, 4.45 pm
Canceled performances at Artipelag and Uppsala stadsteater
Due to covid-19 Cirkus Cirkör's performance Bloom will not perform the scheduled gigs in April. But keep your tickets - we work with Artipelag and Uppsala City Theater to find new dates.
For all ticket related questions please contact Artipelag or Uppsala stadsteater
Updated March 18, 2020, 8.30 am
Information regarding courses and drop-in training
Cirkus Cirkör follows the Public Health Agency's advice for school and leisure activities. Yesterday two press meetings were sent, one with Stefan Löfven and one with the Public Health Agency.
At the press meetings, new guidelines was recommended by the Public Health Agency and the National Agency for Education. They recommend that schools should avoid physical contact in the physical education lessons as well as avoid even smaller gatherings. For the courses and drop-in training this means that we will take a two-week break starting today Wednesday March 18 to April 1. If the guidelines of the Public Health Authority and the school authority continue to apply, the break will be extended.
Cirkör's pedagogical department will keep in touch with course participants through email and inform those who train at the drop-in training in the dedicated Facebook group.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Public Health Agency of Sweden have labeled COVID-19 (the Coronavirus) as a public health emergency.
The Public Health Agency is now seeing signs of community spread of covid-19 and urges anyone with symptoms of respiratory infection, a cold or sore throat (even mild ones) or fever, to stay home and avoid social contacts to reduce the risk of spreading the virus.
Cirkör has taken the following steps:
- Informed all staff (office workers, educators, artists) that if they have been in a risk areas they should not come to the the Cirkör House (or any other location they work at). They are asked to stay at home for at least 14 days, be symptom free for 48 hours, and to be in contact with their nearest manager before returning to work.
- Been in contact with Manegen, the Swedish national member organisation for circus, variety and street performance, who has temporarily paused all training in the Cirkör House.
- Contacted all course participants and people at the drop-in training that we have a temporary break in all activities.
- Posted signs in several places at the Cirkör House with information regarding our guidelines and general hygiene recommendations.
- Added extra cleaning shifts and ensured that hand-sanitizing stations are available and functional in washrooms and other public spaces in the house.
- Continous updating on the recommendations from the Public Health Authority in order to be able to quickly inform about any changes.
Protect yourself and others
Clean your hands often
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 % alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Stay home if you’re sick
Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care and avoid contact with people that are unwell.
Cover coughs and sneezes
Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
Throw used tissues in the trash
Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.